- Books & Audiobooks: 3 weeks
- CDs & DVDs: 3 weeks
- HotSpots: 1 week. Must be 18 or older to borrow and requires a signed waiver
- Homeschool Resource Center Items: 6 weeks
All items may be renewed for an additional loan period unless the item is on reserve for another person. Homeschool items may be renewed 1 time, Hotspots are not renewable, and all other items may be renewed up to 3 times. You may renew materials in person, by phone, or online with a log-in account.
Interlibrary Loans and Reserving Items
Both Johnsburg library card holders and patrons with cards from other libraries may reserve all items owned by the library. Johnsburg card holders may also request items from other libraries by asking a librarian in-person, by phone at 815-344-0077 or by email to email@example.com. Patrons from other libraries must request Interlibrary Loan items from their home library (the library that issued your card).
- DVDs: 20 cents per day, to a maximum of $10.00 per item
- All Other Items: 20 cents per day, to a maximum of $10.00 per item
- Lost Items: Cost to replace the material(s). We do not accept donation of item purchased by the patron
- Damaged Items: Charges depend on the severity of damage(s) and will be assessed at the discretion of the Library Director
Patrons with items five weeks or more overdue and existing fines having a total combined value of $25 or more are turned over to the library’s collection agency. A $10 collection agency fee will be assessed on the patrons library card.